Transfer money safely and quickly.
Wire transfers allow you to safely, quickly and automatically transfer funds to or from other financial institutions within the U.S. via Federal Reserve Bank's Fedwire System or Internationally via US Central for foreign wires.
Benefits to You:
- You'll have peace of mind as you safely transfer funds from one institution to another. Transfers are guaranteed and verification is completed with a confidential ID, signature or reference code.
- Wire transfers and deposits of funds are fast and convenient. You won't have to worry about lost or delayed checks anymore. And, as long as the transaction posts within the designated cut-off time, you'll get same day credit. That means you'll earn dividends immediately if you're receiving funds and you'll save interest if received funds are applied to a loan.
- You'll actually save money by using this inexpensive method of transferring funds. It costs less than Western Union® and there are no limitations as to the dollar amount sent by wire transfer.
- You must be a credit union member or a joint account owner.
- You can request a wire transfer in person or through home banking.
- Before transfers can be made, you must have the receiving institution's wiring instructions, along with the name, address, and account number of the person receiving the wired funds.
- You will be charged a fee for outgoing and incoming wires. For outgoing transfers, receiving institutions may also impose a fee.
Because we are committed to improving our member's financial well-being, we require that a code word and security questions be on file for your account prior to processing a wire request. We will also need a copy of your valid picture identification on file with us prior to money being wired out of your account. Please provide a telephone number where you may be reached during our business hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. INOVA Federal Credit Union is dedicated to protecting our members' private information and we apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.